[Bioperl-l] retrieval of PRELIMINARY uniprot sequences using Bio::Registry fails

Daniel Lang daniel.lang at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Sep 5 05:57:59 EDT 2006

Hi Brian,

sorry for the belated response!
I've compiled you a set of 100 PRELIMINARY entries from the latest
uniprot_trembl release. I've tried to reproduce the bug using only these
as input to build an index, but (sadly) all of them can be retrieved
using the latest checkout:-(
Maybe its not connected to these entries after all, but the size or some
other feature of the uniprot distribution?
I now could make it work using the 1.5.1 release.

Originally, I've built the index using flat protocol, when I try bdb and
bioperl-live even more problems occur:

bp_bioflat_index.pl --dbname sw -i bdb -f swiss -l . -c uniprot_sprot.dat